How to Apply
In order to find out which scholarships you are eligible to apply for, you are required to complete an Eligibility Quiz. After completion of the Quiz, you will be provided with a list of scholarships.
- You may apply for as many scholarships for which you meet the eligibility criteria.
- The applications differ and you must complete and submit the specific application for each scholarship for which you apply.
- Applications may be completed in a single sitting or saved as a draft and finished at a later date.
- Save your draft applications regularly as you work to avoid loss of data!
- To upload attachments to an application, refer below to follow directions in the Guide to Completing Your CFGC Online Scholarship Application.
For Letter(s) of Recommendation, follow directions in the Guide to Completing CFGC Your Online Scholarship Application.
- PLEASE, confirm that the teacher, other school personnel, or employer is willing to provide a letter of recommendation and obtain the email address of the recommender.
- In the Letter of Recommendation section of the application, provide the recommender’s email address and send the email.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the recommendation has been received.
- Letter(s) must be received by or before the application(s) deadline.
- Additional documents are also required for some applications.
- Read each application carefully to ensure you have provided the correct information.
- For assistance with saving your SAR into PDF format click here
- Example of a Student Aid Report (SAR)
Submitting Your Scholarships
An application is NOT ready to submit until:
- ALL required questions/fields have been completed;
- ALL required attachments have been uploaded; and
- Required contact information for the letter of recommendation has been entered and the email sent.
- Note: While you may submit your application before your letter of recommendation and/or official transcript is/are uploaded, your application is not complete until required document(s) are received.
- Pay close attention to Scholarship deadlines. The Community Foundation and each Scholarship Fund will not accept any late or incomplete applications.
Click the ‘Submit’ button once your application is ready to submit.
Scholarship award amounts listed are subject to change.
There is no charge to apply for a scholarship and every scholarship is a charitable grant so it will not need to be paid back.
- Moreland Family Scholarship
- Brainerd High School Alumni WAYY Scholarship
- Sgt. Tim Chapin Scholarship
- Julie Jacks Memorial Scholarship
- Connie O’Neal Memorial Scholarship
- Together We Can Scholarship
- Jerry Marshall, Sr. Memorial Scholarship
- Phi Beta Sigma Scholarship
- Edgar M. Jolley Memorial Scholarship
- Brainerd High School Alumni Scholarship
- Coca Cola Centennial Scholarship
- Joe Jackson, II Memorial Scholarship
- John P. Franklin Sr. Achievement Scholarship
- Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. Scholarship
- Roy Keith, Sr. Memorial Scholarship
- Soddy High School Scholarship
- TVA Scholarship
- MedRock Scholarship
- The Judy Minge Copeland Memorial Scholarship for the Arts
- The Kaiser Family Scholarship– Application deadline extended to May 4th, 2018
- Mary Adams and Harold/Ellen Cash Memorial Scholarship
- Seth Eichenthal Engineering Memorial Scholarship
Non- Community Foundation Scholarship Opportunities
The following scholarships are open to eligible students. Please pay close attention to requirements, deadlines and submission addresses. These scholarships are NOT administered by the Community Foundation!
- CHCRTA AALANA Scholarship
- CHCRTA Scholarship for Aspiring Educators at UTC
- SACAC Extend the Dream
- CHCRTA Margaret Ferger Scholarship for Future Teachers
- CHCRTA Mary & Paul Starnes Scholarship
- Paul A. McDaniel Boule Scholarship
- Reuben Strickland Memorial Scholarship
Ed Johnson Memorial Scholarship
The Associated General Contractors of East TN
Deadline to apply– Friday, June 29th
- Attend a non-proprietary, technical, community or four-year college or university
- Must carry/complete at least nine (9) hours pursuing a degree in an construction or a construction related field (must carry at least three (3) credit hours of construction or construction related classes per semester)
- Have a 2.6 minimum grade point average to apply
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen
Definitions/ Explanations of Scholarship Terms
Terms to Know
- FAFSA: Free Application for Federal Student Aid. The 2018-2019 FAFSA is available October 1, 2017.
- SAR: The Student Aid Report (SAR) is a paper or electronic document that summarizes the information you provided on your FAFSA and lists your EFC. SAR Example
- EFC: The Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is a measure of your family’s financial strength and is calculated according to a formula established by law. The information you report on your FAFSA is used to calculate your EFC. Your family’s taxed and untaxed income, assets, and benefits (such as unemployment or social security) are all considered in the formula. Also considered are your family size, the age of your parent(s), and the number of family members who will attend college during the year.
- Prior-Prior Year Income: Income from two years ago. The FAFSA form now asks families to report income and tax information from the prior-prior year (PPY) or information from two years ago. For 2018-19 academic year, you will need to provide information from 2016.