Innovative Ideas and Initiatives focusing on the following areas:
- Health Behaviors/Healthy Environments
- Basic Human Needs/Social Services
- Neighborhood Revitalization
- The Needs of Immigrant Populations
- Early Childhood Development Birth through Grade 3
- Improved College Access
- Public Education
The Community Foundation is able to consider only one application per Funding Area from the same organization per calendar year. The two areas are Program Development and Capital Expenditures.
The Community Foundation seeks to meet the needs of people in Hamilton County by supporting the work and ideas of area nonprofits.
Proposed programs are limited to a maximum request of $20,000, and should be based on a documented community need and have clearly articulated targeted outcomes, implementation plans, and evaluation plans.
- Pilot or demonstration programs intended to test and evaluate a model which, if successful, could be replicated by other community agencies (must include strong evaluation plan)
- Expansion programs (must include a description of the new target population for whom the program will be enhanced)
- Existing programs, which are not ready for expansion, are eligible to apply for supportive grant funding; however, low priority is given to these requests, and there must be well documented and strong sustainability and evaluation plans
The Foundation provides an opportunity for area nonprofit organizations to apply for grants in support of capital needs.
Proposed capital projects are limited to a maximum request of $20,000, and should directly further the mission of the organization and augment the ability of the organization to provide its programmatic services.
- Renovate an existing facility
- Build a playground (request should not exceed 10% of the playground cost or Community Foundation established funding limitation)
- Purchase equipment (including furnishings and computer equipment)
- Purchase an existing facility or construct a new facility or an addition to a current facility (low priority is given to requests for facility purchase, new construction, or new additions)