Creating a Fund
Academic Coach, Brown Middle School
How to Create a Named Fund with the CFGC:
- Name the fund. We’ll help you and your client write a purpose statement for the fund they wish to create.
- We’ll establish the fund with your client’s initial minimum gift of $5,000.
- Review and sign a fund agreement we’ll prepare for your client that explains the use(s) of their fund.
- Choose an investment pool for the new fund and begin making grants.
Our staff is here to help you and your client develop and execute the goals of their fund and to complete all the administrative grant making steps for your client.
Benefits of Giving to the Community Foundation:
- For administrative and investment purposes, we pool contributions, lowering any costs to the donor and lowering our management costs.
- Our professional staff relieves the donor of administrative worries and ensures continuity and responsibility.
- Donating to CFGC provides the donor with the highest level of tax deductible giving available.
- Because we exist for your client, we offer donor flexibility: donors can give to a named fund or anonymously; donors can give in general or to highly specific areas; donors can also give modestly or generously; donors can even create their own fund or build one over time.
- All of our funds are living memorials to their donors; they are intended to carry out donors’ charitable interests beyond their lifetimes.